BATTERY SAVER RELAY

1996 Ford Windstar

1996 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 195231 miles

on my windstar I have replaced the battery saver relay once already and 2 days later it is acting up with the relay in the van wont start no lights no nothing I am unsure of what to do any help would be greatful
Armyman11602001

Are battery contacts clean and tight? Take terminals off the battery, clean them well and see if this makes a difference. They may look clean from the outside, but it's the contact they make to the battery posts which make all the difference.

If yes, I believe there is a " Main Relay" which provides power to most functions in the electrical circuits. If this Main Relay is bad, it can result in a dead car as you describe.

Schrimpieman
I just checked my Hayne's repair manual wiring diagram after I submitted the first reply.

There is a PCM Power Relay..... Location is in the engine compartment fuse box.

Ford provides owner's manuals online by going to http://www.motorcraft.com and clicking on the "Technical Resources" link. Download your owner's manual if you don't have it. The picture and location of the relay will be in the "Roadside Emergencies" section.

Schrimpieman