TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

Ford Thunderbird

I have a 1991 ford thunderbird it has the 5.0ho and when I bought the car it ran fine but then the something on the tranny went wrong or thats what I thought it would shift from first to second perfectly find and wouldnt come outta second so I replace the whole tranny and its still doing the same thing first to second with no problem what so ever then it wont come out of second and there is no modulator valve WHAT DO I DO IM LOST?
Porttampa

What type of transmission do you have?

Indyuke
Its an aod it has 1 d od

Porttampa
Have you checked that the TV cable is properly adjusted?

There is no other controls going to an AOD transmission other than the shift linkage and the TV cable. Assuming both are correctly adjusted, and the tranny has the right type and the right amount of fluid then you should be good to go. There is no band adjustment capability from the outside.

Indyuke
What do u mean tv cable?

Porttampa
There is a cable running from the throttle to the transmission. That cable is responsible for letting the transmission know when to shift based on throttle postion. Sometimes they go out of adjustment and mess up the shift points on the transmission.

Here are some adjustment instructions I found on the web: 1. While the engine is off, lift tab up to unlock adjustment assembly.
2. Have someone floorboard the accelerator pedal from inside the vehicle.
While the pedal is floored, push on the throttle body arm to make sure it's bottomed against its stop (wide open). (Adjust throttle cable, if necessary).
3. While the throttle is floorboarded, lock the tab on TV adjuster.
4. Make scratch with hacksaw blade or knife up tight against the adjustment assembly. This is the MAX TV mark.
5. Unlock the tab and slide housing towards bare cable 5/16" and lock tab. You can use a 5/16" bolt as a gauge. Make another mark up tight against adjustment assembly. This is the MIN TV mark.
6. Make another mark midway between MAX and MIN. This is MID-mark.
7. Adjust to MID-mark CI and road test.

HIGH OUTPUT Port injection models: Start with setting just a hair over MID

Indyuke