NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH

1994 Ford Thunderbird

1994 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Car all of a sudden will not shift out of Park even with foot on brake. I'm thinking neutral safety switch is bad. Where is it located in this vehicle and is it an easy fix. Also can it be bypassed?
Jamesf695

If the neutral switch was bad the vehcle wouldnt start.

Are your brake lights working first of all?

Blackop555
TO: Blackopp555
Yes the brake lights work.

Jamesf695
Then the switch is adjusted.

You may need a new brake light switch, it has separate circuits, one to release it from park and one to show the brake lights.

Blackop555
Where is this brake light switch located and is it easily replaced on the 94 T-Bird. PS-Made donation via paypal

Jamesf695
Can you get out of park when the vehicle is not running? How about vehicle not running and battery disconnected? All brake lights work just fine? Even one up in window I assume?

Have someone rock the car when you try shifting it, back adn forth and side by side.

The brake on off switch is located up above the brake pedal, it is a switch that the brake pedal operates. Very easy replace.

Blackop555