POWER STEERING HIGH PRESSURE HOSE

Ford Tempo

1988 ford tempo 4 cyl. Aprox 160k mlg. The fuel pump is leaking right where the high pressure hose goes into it. I need to replace the hose. Can you tell me what the procedure is for this? Thank you so much for your help. I am very new to all of this and cannot afford a mechanic. JB

P.S. The build date if it matters is Jan 1988.
Judib

Sorry about that. It is the power steering pump.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this. I've never felt so alone on a project that I know nothing about. Rather than change the high pressure hose I went ahead and changed the O-rings on the hose at the end that goes into the power steering pump. Hopefully my last problem with this project is that I am having a hard time getting the pump to screw back into the pump. I was told to loosen up the other end of the hp hose but I can't get to it without taking things off and this experience has made me a little gun shy. When I try to screw the end in the ps unit it just keeps turning. Any suggestions.
P.S. If I could go to the bank and make a deposit I would be glad to make a donation. As soon as my car is able to I will.

Judib
Hi Justanold,

Thank you very much for your help. As a single female I dread the car breakdown. The cost of repairs at the mechanic are not within my reach these days. You are truly an angel to be helping people in this way. I have an appt. In the am but as soon as I am done with that I am going to give this another try. I'll let you know how it goes. : ) Judi B

Judib