HARMONIC BALANCER

1994 Ford Tempo

1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80.000 miles

hi I just got a tempo for the wife. Nice car but bad harmonic balancer as you probably already know. They had an issue with the 94s. I am 10 years exp. In auto repair but have never done one of these. Any how here goes dropped engine mount on pass side of car lowered jack down under oil pan to drop balancer down to get at it no luck motor mount hits in side fender well this is the bracket comming from the head not the rubber mount for the life of me I can not figure how to get the mount off the block 2 15 mm bolts but it looks like they pop riviteted it in 2 spots can not find a book any where please help thank you harmonic balancer is driving me nuts sounds like the engine comming apart oh and yes it is the balancer it goes away with the belt off haha thanks guys for any info you can give
Ohotstuff

Proceedure according to this TSB!
2.3L - TICKING/CLANGING FROM FRONT CRANKSHAFT AREA TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN Reference Number(s): 97-15-9,  Date of Issue:   July 21, 1997 Related Ref Number(s): 97-15-9 ARTICLE BEGINNING CONDITIONS ENGINE - 2.3L - " TICKING" OR " CLANGING" NOISE HEARD FROM FRONT CRANKSHAFT AREA NOISE - " TICKING" OR " CLANGING" - HEARD FROM FRONT CRANKSHAFT AREA APPLICATION Model(s): Ford: 1992-94 Tempo Lincoln-Mercury: 1992-94 Topaz Bulletin No: 97-15-9 Date: July 21, 1997 ISSUE A " ticking" or " clanging" noise may be heard emitting from the front crankshaft area on some vehicles with a 2.3L engine. This may be caused by a loose center hub of the vibration damper pulley. ACTION Replace the vibration damper pulley with a revised Vibration Damper Pulley Kit. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details. SERVICE PROCEDURE 1. Disconnect battery negative cable. 2. Release tension on belt tensioner and remove belt from idler pulley. 3. Remove two (2) bolts from the right isolator. 4. Raise and support the vehicle. 5. Remove bolt for accumulator-to-compressor A/C line support bracket, then position A/C line toward rear of engine compartment. 6. Position safety stands under transmission and engine, use block of wood to protect oil and Page 1 of 3 2.3L - TICKING/CLANGING FROM FRONT CRANKSHAFT AREA -1994 Ford Temp. 2/15/2009

Merlin2021