VENT NOT OPENING PROPERLY

1993 Ford Tempo

Air Conditioning problem
1993 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 193000 miles

I have a 1993 Tempo and am having a problem with the air/heat vents not opening properly. The heat and air are working fine, but the panel vents will not open in either heat or air mode. I have replaced the button control panel and same problem. Vents will switch between defrost and floor. When I put the AC on it only blows through the defrost and when I put the heat on I get defrost or floor. I have great vaccum and can hear no leaks. Could it be a collapsed vaccum line to the panel controls? Can I manually open the panel vents for the summer and then put them back next fall? Thanks
Ken.surgent

Ok first off have you checked any of the vacuum lines for any leaks? Do you have a digital multi meter if needed? Do you have a vacuum guage for testing what vacuum is where? Get back to me and we will take it from there.

Racefan966
I can not detect any vaccum leaks by ear. I have strong enough vaccum to switch between floor and defrost. I have no panel vents control. I have a multimeter, but no vaccum gauge.

Ken.surgent
Ok if you would before we get to far please check fuse 9, 13 and 17. Let me know if any are blown ok. Use diagram below to check the vacuum line routing ok.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_215.jpg

Racefan966