PROBLEMS

1991 Ford Tempo

1991 Ford Tempo Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 150000 miles

ok I have a 91 ford tempo gl. I bought it and I was told all I need is a new distrubitor cap and a muffler on it. I went and I got a distrubitor cap anf they gave me a 91 ford tempo ( not gl) cap and I didn't know. I went with the old cap still on to get the muffler and it ran just fine. I put the new cap on and I ws driving down the dtreet and all of a sudden the car died. It didn't stal or anything it just died. I pulled over and I poped the hood and the positive cap connector cable was smoking a little like it got burned. So I changed the battery and got a new cable. Now the car wont even turn over and I check and I have power to the altanator I don't know how far down the cable got fried ( if it did) I don't have lights horn nothing comes on with the new battery.
Binkx2200

-Check the small wire attached to the starter beside where the battery cable is mounted to it. Mine shorted out once during an oil change and the same thing happened. A lot of room down there for a full size oil filter to pass through.

L8R,
Matt D.

AnthemBassMan