MASTER CYLINDER TROUBLES

1991 Ford Tempo

Brakes problem
1991 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

When trying to bench bleed the master cylinder, cannot get fluid to come out of either front port, top or bottom, thought it was a faulty rebuilt master cylinder, but got another and same problem. PLEASE help! Thank you
Kawasaki

Can you post a picture of the Master Cylinder?

Obxautomedic
Heres a couple pics from autozones website, hope they help.............if not good enough, let me know and I can get you actual pics. Thank you SO much for your help :)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/323752_fenm1950003_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/323752_fennm1950003_1.jpg

Kawasaki
Ok, well was hoping for the actual pics from you doing the bench bleed. Pointing at the area you are unable to fluid out of.

.

Obxautomedic
If actual pictures are needed it will be a few minutes (I have to run up the street) The problem is with the FRONT two ports far lest away from the mounting flange, (the ports on the LEFT in the pictures) neither the top nor the bottom port will expel fluid when trying to bleed (pump)master cylinder in the vise.

Kawasaki
Ok, you may have to go ahead and install the Master Cylinder and bleed to hole system.

Here is the Bleeding sequence.

Start with the Right Rear then Left Front then Left Rear then Right Front.

.

Obxautomedic
Have you bench bled other master cylinders?Do you alternately hold finger on holes when working piston?Will it bleed if just let to set for awhile with full reservoir?As far as bleeding the whole system I usually cheat by making sure the lines stay full of fluid and then connect loosely and let the fluid run out while I tighten connection.I have successfully changed master cylinders without bleeding each wheel that way.I keep a small needle oiler full of brake fluid to put in the ends of the disconnected lines if they lose to much fluid while removing them. Have fun

Fixitmr

Usually when you bench bleed a master cylinder you would need to either hold your fingers over both holes as you press the piston in or purchase a kit that has plastic bolts with hoses on them to screw into the master cylinder and the ends on the hoses will go back into and be submerged in the master cylinder. However, on some of these newer vehicles with the ABS Systems you have to bleed the hole system.

.

Obxautomedic