BRAKES QUESTION

Ford Taurus

My daughter was driving my 99 Taurus (47,000 miles, V6 automatic) to a wedding this weekend when she noticed the emergency brake was still on. She released it (she was on the expressway at the time) and continued on her way. As she tried to slow down while exiting the expressway, the brake pedal went all the way to the floor. Luckily she was able to avoid any accidents, and the brakes returned to normal shortly thereafter. I was wondering if the fact that she was driving with the emergency brake on had anything to do with the brakes' failure immediately thereafter? Thanks for your help -

Very respectfully,

Joe Miller
JMiller27

I was driving a 99 Taurus on Sat afternoon (19K miles, automatic V6) when I realized the emergency brake was on. After releasing it, and while trying to slow down coming of the parkway into town, I experienced total brake failure, panicking as I stepped on the pedal and felt it slide all the way to the floor.

Honking frantically and trying to slow the vehicle, I blew through 3 red lights and somehow made it into a gas station parking lot where I threw it into park and tried to breathe while calling AAA so I could tow it to the dealership.

J any insight or anything you learn would be appreciated.

Nicole

Cargirl
You need to have a diagnostic check on the ABS system. You never know when its gonna happen again your life is your life and the others the car is just an immaterial thing and replaceable.

Go have it check ASAP