SYMPTOMS OF A OUTDATED POWER CONTROL MODULE

Ford Taurus

HELLO MY NAME IS NATHAN AND I HAVE 97 FORD TAURUS 3.0L OHV FLEX FUEL.

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS:

QUESTION 1: WHEN THE SOFTWARE IN THE PCM IS OUTDATED WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CAR I.E. WHAT ARE SOME SYMPTONS?

QUESTION 2: WERE CAN I GET IT REPROGRAMED AT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BESIDES THE DEALER? NAME OF SHOPS WOULD BE GREAT THANKS
SWIPERTHEFOX22

Hey Nathan,
A multitude of symptoms may be present w/ bad/outdated programming. Worst case are the random misfires, driveability issues. A quick way to see if your car has been updated w/ the latest is to look for a fairly large sticker (either on the radiator support or strut tower) under hood. It will give a date and pcm software upgrade #. As to your 2nd question we don't have access to shops that could perform this for you ( as the moderators are located all over the country) but I do know that 2carproJack is in California and may be able to help ya, just pm him. I would also recommend you hit the phone book and call around to some of the larger shops in your area and ask if they can re-flash your pcm.
You can also post some of the symptoms your are experiencing here and we may be able to help you further. Let us know!

Chris

Carundell
I agree with " carundell". I wouldn't imagine that software will be outdated if the car is basically the same as when it was built.
List the problems that you are having and let the forum assist in the diagnosis. Very rarely is software the cause of problems.

Bhugg