ABS

Ford Taurus

My abs light stays on and my brakes tighten up and I need to know why. When I first start it the light is not on but when I put it in gear and start driving then it comes.I think its a abs brake sensor because I talk to someone and he said if I have one bad sensor it would affect all of them. Its a 1999 ford taurus 3.0 v6 SE STATION WAGON
Crappycar

ABS is just an electrical control placed on top of the brake system. First diagnose the brakes, Caliper, hoses and all other hydrualics. If they are good you need to get the code read. This will tell you which part is NG.

Merlin2021
Already had the calipers replaced, brake pads and lines and bled them. Went to get code read and it wont put out a code but light is still on and the brakes keep getting real tight after you drive for like 5 mins

Crappycar
You did front and rear? Which is locking up? When you have them Tight. Open the bleeder at the affected wheel. If it then spins free, you have a bad hose. If not, you have a hydraulic problem still. Tell me ALL the parts that were changed.

Merlin2021
Have someone scan your car for you, the abs code should show up and point you towards the problem, if the light is on, there should be something stored in there, don't replace parts until you have an idea. Abs systems can create weird braking issues sometimes, especially if a wheel sensor is faulty, info below, is that your problem?

Anti-Lock Brake Indicator On After Vehicle Starts to Move or False Cycling of Anti-Lock System

Possible Source(s): Circuit.
Sensor.
Anti-lock brake control module.

Action(s) to take: RETRIEVE DTCs. REPAIR as necessary.

TaurusWheel