OBDII DTC CODE P1633

2004 Ford Taurus

Computer problem
2004 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have a 2004 Ford Taurus (DOHC Engine). Recently, I blew a fuse, located in the engine compartment. My OBDII scanner read a DTC P1633 (Keep Alive memory voltage too low) and a freeze frame data.
.
Fuel System 1 OL
Fuel System 2 CL-Fault
.
The fuse that blew up, Fuse 22, serves the AC clutch relay, Idle Air Control valve and VBATT (vehicle battery supply) for the PCM (power control module). I already replaced the IAC and have isolated the AC circuit and still, the fuse kept blowing up. I also checked for short-circuit in wires and found wires are good.

Does anyone knows what the above freeze frame data means?

I am certain that the PCM is intermittently pulling in high current. If I replace the fuse, I can drive the car and the PCM will clear self tests then all of a sudden, the fuese will blow again.

. My next step is to replace the PCM. But it's quite expensive ($800.). I am not sure if the fault is inside PCM or outside. I want to confirm that PCM is bad. Any suggestion. Thank you.
Cbsanjuan

Freeze Frame Data -you have a fuel loopng control problem see below

FUEL STAT 1 = Fuel System 1 Status: Fuel system status will display more than just Closed Loop (CL) or Open Loop (OL). You might find one of the following messages: OL-Drive, indicating an open-loop condition during power enrichment or deceleration enleanment; OL-Fault, indicating the PCM is commanding open-loop due to a system fault; CL-Fault, indicating the PCM may he using a different fuel control strategy due to an oxygen sensor fault.

Hope this helps