ENGINE SHUTTING OFF

2003 Ford Taurus

2003 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 117000 miles

I have a 2003 Ford Taurus that I bough 2 years ago at an awesome price. It's been great until 2 days ago. I recently went on vacation (last week) and drove down to Florida. It was a 1200 mile trip one way. I made it down and back with no problems. The day after I got back, I was on my way home from work and the car kind of twitched and the theft light started blinking like it would when you park. It was fine the next couple days. Today, as I was driving home, it just died. Just like I had turned the ignition off while driving. I was driving at 65 MPH. I pulled off the highway and tried to start the car. None of the dash lights came except the traction control light and what sounded like a buzzing noise when the key was turned over was coming from what sounded like the ingintion switch. The clock on the radio, the buzzing when you open the door, everything was off. I got out and checked my battery cables, the roads to and from Florida were very rough, and they were fine. I got back in and turned the key, nothing. I sat for a few more seconds and turned it over again all the lights on the dash came on, the radio, and it started. What could be the problem? Could it be jumping time?
Seokieguy