EGR VALVE

2003 Ford Taurus

Computer problem
2003 Ford Taurus Front Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

HELLO. I HAVE A 2003 TAURUS, THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON AND OFF FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW. NOW IT STAYS ON ALL THE TIME AND FLASHES CONSTANTLY DUE TO WAY IT S RUNNING. WHEN I START IT NOW IT RUNS ROUGH AND AND WONT ACCELERATE WHEN I TOUCH THE GAS PEDAL. I PUSH THE PEDAL TO THE FLOOR AND IT STALLS, I TAKE MY FOOT OFF THEN IT WILL SLOWLY PICK UP SPEED BUT NOT MUCH. I ALMOST GOT RAN INTO BECAUSE THE TAKE OFF IS HORRIBLY SLOW. MY DAD SAID HE TOOK IT TO GET SCANNED AND THE TECH SAID 10 CODES CAME UP MOSTLY REFERRING TO THE EGR VALVE. MY DAD SAID HE ALSO NOTICED THAT THE EXAUST MANIFOLD WAS GLOWING RED. WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM THE AUTION 3 MONTHS AGO IT DROVE GOOD WITH NO ENGINE LIGHT ON, THEN 2 WEEKS LATER IT CAME ON BUT THE CAR STIL DROVE GOOD SO I BRUSHED IT OFF TILL A PROBLEM OCCURED. WILL THE EGR VALVE BE THE ANSWER OR SOMETHING ELSE. MY CAR DRIVES AWFUL EVEN ON THE FREEWAY IT TAKES FOREVER TO FINALY GET TO 65MPH. HELP PLEASE! AYANA
Ayana

Check fuel pressure
suspect catalytic converter and do exhaust back pressure test

BMRFIXIT