DASH BOARD WARNING LIGHTS

2002 Ford Taurus

Computer problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

Hello-

My daughter's 2002 Taurus has had the following problems with dashboard warning lights:

*The battery light is on and stays on. Her independent mechanic replaced the alternator, but the light came on again. He tried another replacement and it still came on, so he reinstalled the original and only charged her a diagnostic fee (nice guy!). She was eventually told by a Ford dealer she needed a new computer. Her mechanic has tested the system and it is fine, but the light is on.

*The check engine light is on and stays on. I took it to Auto Zone and the code said it was an idle problem. He shut off the check engine light, but it
returned right away. When my daughter returned to her home the mechanic said she needed a new idle control motor, which he replaced. The light, however is still on.

Is installation of a new computer ($700?) The only way to get the lights to go off and stay off? If so, can I do this myself?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Mark V

Very uncommon for the PCM to fail
I would seek a better help and pay some one with better knowledge to check it as the PCM is not returnable
need to have the new flashed and programmed before it will fire and start
what was the codes
if you can get the code # maybe we can try and trace what is happening

BMRFIXIT