NO HEAT

2001 Ford Taurus

Heater problem
2001 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 177000 miles

What else could cause there to be no heat other than the heater core. I noticed that when the car has been running for a while and I turn the heat on it comes out warm, then cools off in about five seconds.
Chrisjoros

Low coolant can also cause no heat check your coolant level if this is ok check your thermostat if this does not fix the problem either post back and I will help you further with this problem

Eugene123
Check if engine operating at normal temperature and if so that is an indication that thermostat is good
if running cool all the time
suspect bad thermostat
what you described is one of two
a bad thermostat
and need to have it replaced
and or clogged heater core and its a very common issue
need to have it flushed

steps to flushing heater core
Check coolant level
Is the car reaching operating temp
Check heater core hoses if both are hot,
if both hoses hot and not enough heat inside suspect blend door actuator
if not one hose hot and the other warm or cold the heater core need to be flushed (very common)
as a 1st step
these are the steps
WARNING: NEVER REMOVE THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP UNDER ANY CONDITIONS WHILE THE ENGINE IS OPERATING. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO THE COOLING SYSTEM OR ENGINE AND/OR PERSONAL INJURY. TO AVOID HAVING SCALDING HOT COOLANT OR STEAM BLOW OUT OF THE COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE, USE EXTREME CARE WHEN REMOVING THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP FROM A HOT COOLING SYSTEM OR DEGAS BOTTLE. WAIT UNTIL THE ENGINE HAS COOLED, THEN WRAP A THICK CLOTH AROUND THE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP AND TURN IT SLOWLY UNTIL PRESSURE BEGINS TO RELEASE. STEP BACK WHILE THE PRESSURE IS RELEASED FROM THE COOLING SYSTEM. WHEN CERTAIN ALL PRESSURE HAS BEEN RELEASED, PRESS DOWN ON THE PRESSURE CAP (STILL WITH A CLOTH), TURN AND REMOVE PRESSURE RELIEF CAP.
Engine cool
lower the coolant level
Locate the two hoses running to the heater core
disconnect them at the engine side leaving hoses connected to heater core throw the firewall
use garden water hose and compressed air if possible
run the water and follow by air throw one side and out the other and vice versa
do that two to three times watching what leaving the heater core you are looking for the good flow and clear water to run throw
reconnect hoses
top off coolant system
good luck
let me know

BMRFIXIT