NO HEAT

2000 Ford Taurus

Heater problem
2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 125000 miles

I have no heat. I replaced overflow cap, Thermostat & coolant. The heat actually blows out of the economy setting (I think from the engine heat itself) but not the defrost or regular knob setting. The outlet hose from the heater core heats up hot. The inlet (from water pump) is also hot until it reaches the split going to the bypass hose and heater core. It is only warm. Question= Heater control valve? Or flush the heater core? Any other ideas? Oh and where is this heater control valve located?
Seanpconley

Some heat or no heat? Try clamping the bypass hose and force the coolant to go through the heater core may take some time unless you have time to flush the system this way! Or the blend door motor could be malfunctioning. There is no valve on this model just a door that allows cold air to enter or warm air from the hearter core to enter.I did away with the bypass hose on my taurus after three years of no heat seems like all the sediment goes to the heater core and the radiator. Now I have heat that melts my eyebrows. Still cools off a little at idle but I can deal with that. Also if you flush the system and it is excessively rusty. Spend the extra on the anit rust addiitive. Let me know how you make out.

Gene315