CAR STALLS WHEN DRIVING THEN GOES BACK TO

2000 Ford Taurus

2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

I just replaced my engine in my 2000 ford taurus, it sat for about a month during repair and me finding a shop. After I got the new engine the car drives fine but sometimes stalls or seem like it is running out of gas, but it runs out off gas faster then normal, I fill my tank up and it runs out on half a tank, what could be causing this, is it old gas or something or is my tank half full with old gas, please help me asap?
Ro.Peezy

Are you sure there is still a 1/2 tank of fuel in the tank?

Yes I am sure, I changed my fuel filter and it stopped happening since the last time I posted, now it does the same thing as before. Do u think I need a new fuel pump?

Ro.Peezy
It could be. I would recommend checking pressure. Here is a how to video.

http://www.2carpros.com/dia/test_fuel_pressure.htm

Let me know what you find.

Well I took it to midas yesterday and they said I had a couple of codes when they put it on the diagnostic machine, they said first of all one of my o2 sensors is completely broke it isnt giving a reading and I will have to replace it before they can go any further. That may be the problem hopefully or it could be catalytic converter or something else like pump, but first they have to start off with o2 converter. They are charging me 130 installed. I am suppose to get it done tommorrow

Ro.Peezy
An O2 sensor can cause this type of problem. The price they quoted isn't too bad. The part is around 80 dollars.

Let me know what happens so I gan help guide you.