NO HEAT

1999 Ford Taurus

Heater problem
1999 Ford Taurus 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

I have no heat in my car, I got a radiator flush last month, I had the thermostat change twice in the last year and I was told that if it was my heater core when I turned on my heat my windows would fog up and I would get a smell in the car and neither are happing, then I was told it might be the door sticking but I don't know where is the door under the dashboard. Can you please help.

Sincerely, FREEZING
Avianca

It's probably your heater core, most likely plugged up. Very well known issue especially with the piping system Ford uses on these cars. The thermostat doesn't need to be replaced unless your car is overheating, it is usually not a cause of no interior heat unless the engine is overheating due to a bad thermo. The door you mention is the temp blend door which can also cause no-heat problems, along with a worn out waterpump. Most, of course not all, issues with no heat have been partially plugged cores. Find someone who can flush it properly. Most have had success with direct flush hookup to the core, the hose bypass system creates it's own set of problems if you try to flush thru it, some have even totslly replaced the hose system with their own setup.

TaurusWheel