TRANSMISSION COMPUTER PROBLEM

1998 Ford Taurus

1998 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

I have a 1998 Taurus. The engine ran hot and had to be replaced. I gave the tranmission to my dad for his 99 taurus. The transmission would not shift properly with his comuter. I put the computer from my 98 (TEJ1) in his 99 and everything started wroking properly. I kept his computer (SYA1) for my car. I bought an engine and tanssmission out of a Wrecked 96 with low miles. Made all of the neccessary changes for the new harness, temp sendor, temp sending unit, transmission select switch and the cam sensor. I kept the computer from the 96 for my 98 so I wold have the proper comuter for the transmission (ELX4). The (EXL4) computer lets the engine high idle, sluggish throttle response and the ac compressor is very noisey like it is half engaged. I install the SYA1 computer from my dads 99 and the engine runs perfect but the transmission does not work properly. It violently downshifts to low gear at 40 mph, the same thing the 99 did before I switched computers. I took the computer (TEJ1, the original from the '98 ) out of the 99 and installed it back in my 98. Now the engine will not crank without holding the throttle half way open. Once it cranks it is very lazy like the timing is very low.
I need to know what computer number I should find or how to decode the information on the computer label so I can match it to my 98 harness and operates the transmission properly. Still with me? Here is a summary of the computers I have and symtoms they have in the car. SYA1, Runs engine good but does not control the transmission properly. TEJ1, Engine runs very poorly, did not check trans operation because of engine preformance. ELX4 Proper comuter for transmission but engine runs poor, high idle, sluggesh response. Need suggestions. Thanks, Wayne Williams
Wwilliams81