COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?

1997 Ford Taurus

1997 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive 70.100 miles

My '97 Ford Taurus was having brake problems and the " Service Engine Soon" light was on and it needed to be repaired this month to pass the Emsissions test in order for the license plates not to be suspended. My dad and I took it to a local shop (NAPA AutoCare Center), which we trusted, so that they could kindly fix the problem for us.

They called a day later and told us that the front brakes needed new pads, the rear brake lines were broken, and that there were 5 error codes that the computer brought up, due to the " Service Engine Soon" light.

Just so you know, before I took it in for repair, the engine started off normally and the shifting of the gears in this automatic transmission were smooth.

So in less then a day they " fixed" the car and they told me that the grand total came out to $900.00.

Once I had gathered the money to pay this off, I went to go pick it up. Right away I saw that the engine took longer to start. And also once I pulled out of the shop I noticed that the gears were not shifting smoothly. I didn't think much at the time, I just thought that it was normal for it to do this since it hadn't been used in some time. (Yes I did heat the car up before putting it in drive)

But this Saturday the car started jerking and moving around a lot, and not going smoothly into its first gear.I'm pretty damn sure that this is the transmission and that is why I have not driven it since.

What I want to know from one of you experienced car people is if that any of these services that they did to my car could have possibly done this. I will list them now:

Brake Pads-Front, Metallic Tru-Stop (TS7479M).$44.89

Wheel Cylinder-Rear (37857).$22.19

89054851 SENSOR/EGR Valve Position Sensor (214-1356).$129.88
|
F58Z 12A112AA/Camshaft Position Sensor (DU5T).$109.88

CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR SYCHRONIZER (F58Z 12A362BA).$159.85

Shop Supplies.$5.83

Replace front disc pads and resurface rotors, Replace front brake pad linings, and resurface front brake disc rotors. - $139.50

WHEEL CYLINDER - Remove and Replace - Rear, One Side
[Includes: Repack wheel bearings where applicable, bleed system and replace shoes if necessary.] - $93.00

E.G.R. PRESSURE FEEDBACK SENSOR - Remove and Replace - $46.50

CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR - Remove and Replace - LX, O.H.C.-DOHC
[Includes: Component test.].$65.10

DIAGNOSE FOR EMISSIONS, SCAN FOR COMPUTER CODES, CODE PO340 AND PO401, CAM SENSOR AND DPFE SENSOR NOT FUNCTIONING.$46.50
Matafy

Check tranny fluid
cam may be out of SYNC and need to be rechecked and adjusted
should have them recheck that

BMRFIXIT