VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR REPLACEMENT

1996 Ford Taurus

1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

OBD code reader says vehicle speed sensor fault. Problem is I cant find the part on the car. Can you tell me exactly where it is? I have jacked up car and looked everywhere. Can I reach it ffrom top or bottom? Thanks for any help, it is driving me crazy not being able to find or change part.
Tripperz55

I have a repair manual, it doesnt help, it shows a picture that matches nothing I can find.

Tripperz55
It is located if your standing in front of car looking at it on the left side slightly behind wheel well if you remove the motor mount on this side you have descent access to the sensor it is covered by an aluminum heat shield or if you do not want to remove the mount if you get under the car behind the passenger wheel and look up youll see the aluminum shield it is tough to locate and its only held in by one 5/16 bolt which is hard to get to but it can be done but be careful I broke the bolt when trying to loosen it and I couldnt remove the broken part out of the tranny with an easy out (NO ROOM) so if this does happen don't panic what I did was removed the motor mount I was telling you about and with a 90 degree drill, drill a 1/8 hole thru center of broken stud then mount the new sensor with a self tapping 1/8 screw theres no torque on this unit so this is sufficient mines been working for 8 months now like this. Hope this helps ya. Mike

Blazin24