NO CLIMATE CONTROL 94 SHO

1994 Ford Taurus

Heater problem
1994 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

Hi, I have a 1994 Ford Taurus Sho 3.2 automatic and yesterday the display on the climate control just shut off and we had no heat, no blower or anything. I now notice that it comes on and works fine with the key on and the engine off but like 2 seconds after you start the engine it goes off again. I checked for trouble codes (OFF-FLOOR then AUTO) and no codes came up. Fuses are all good also.
Also, I checked the alternator output at the battery and it is 18.4 volts. Dosen't that seem too high? Could too much voltage shut down the climate control? Everything else in the car seems to work fine. Thanks for any help. Jeff.
Jafojeff

18.4 is way to high! Anything over 15 volts can damage electronic in the car, replace the voltage regulator, it's screwed on the the back of the alternator. Or replace the alternator, then recheck the EATC

Merlin2021
Thanks, I thought that was too high. I'll do that and see if it fixes the climate control problem. Thanks alot, Jeff.

Jafojeff
Let us know.

Merlin2021