DOOR AJAR WARNING LITE ON-DOME LITE

1997 Ford Station Wagon

1997 Ford Station Wagon 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 34,000 miles

i have a 1997 ford taurus gl station wagon. I only have a little over 34,000 miles on the
vehicle but it's starting to turn into a nightmare! First I had a dome lite that was on
all the time and I had to take the bulb out so as not to run down the battery! Now a have a
warning lite on all the time-" door ajared"! I now have to take out a fuse or the lites by
your feet are on all the time! What's the problem? Is this a common defect? Is this going
to cost me an arm and a leg? I've owned fords in the past but don't think i'll be getting
another one! Can you answer any of my questions? HELP!
Problems4me

Suspect a faulty door ajar switch in one of your doors. There is one switch per door as well as a back hatch (if equipped). If one fails or sticks then it will cause the interior lights to stay on and the door ajar message to appear just as if a door is actually open. You can try spraying WD40 in each door jamb to see if this temporarily fixes the issue. If it doesn't then you will have to figure out which door has the faulty switch and replace the switch.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Bluelightnin6