ENGINE MISFIRE CYLINDER # 6

Ford Ranger

I have a 2002 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 cylinder with 194,658 miles on it. It only gives the engine misfire POP 306 code if I let the engine idle for a minuet. I have changed the plugs & wires Several times since this has started 3 year ago when I only had 84,000 miles. I have also changed the coil pack but not luck. Again it only misfires if the engine idles. Does anyone have any ideas

Jarednkeywest@aol. Com
Jared2u

Hey Jared,
what is the 8th digit of the VIN Code? (Trust me, this may make a difference!) Let me know!

Chris

Carundell
Hey Jared,

Chris[/quote: 9e061ec3c1]

Chris the 8th digit is a U. Doesnt that tell me weather it is a FLEX FUEL or not

Jared2u
[quote=" Jared2u" ]

Hey Jared,

Chris[/quote: 510c589de4]

Chris the 8th digit is a U.

What does this mean my Owner's Guide specifies AWSF-32PP with the following notes: Refer to the Vehicle Emissions Control Information (VECI) decal for spark plug and gap information. If a spark plug is removed for inspection, it must be installed in the same cylinder. Cylinders 1, 2 and 3 have a PG suffix. Cylinders 4, 5 and 6 have a P suffix. If a spark plug needs to be replaced, use only spark plugs with the service part number prefix letter " PP" as shown on the engine decal : lol:

Jared2u
195,000? Do a compression test. Sounds like it may have an intake valve that isnt sealing. Once off idle the piston speed increases to the point where you cant feel it. If compression test is OK then I would do a leak-down test on the cylinder that is missing just to be sure

Jack42