UNSURE OF THE PROBLEM

2002 Ford Ranger

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2002 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170, 00 miles

I have a 2002 ford ranger and I had trouble driving the other day when the 4 wheel drive light came on and then off hen it felt like I was driving in glue I pulled off looked at the tires and found nothing to explain the situation, so I got back into the truck and continued to drive then the wheel started pulling to the right, so again I got out and looked to see if I had a flat, but did not. I got back into the Truck and started to drive and I started to smell burning rubber. When I had it towed the wheel was slanted in. I took it apart and cannot tell what the problem is. At first I thought it was the wheel bearings but it seems to turn fine, then I thought of the ball joint, but I don.T know how to replace that. Can someone help me!
Dodgerfans1