REPLACING TRANSMISSION AFTER REPLACING SLA

2000 Ford Ranger

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 163500 miles

After removing the transmission to replace the clutch slave cylinder, I am unable to get the transmission close enough to the bell housing to bolt it back up. It seems like the slave cylinder is against the pressure plate and keeping it about 3/4 inch from the bell housing. Does the tranny have to be forced forward to bolt it up?
Rguy46

Hi Trans input shaft not hitting pilot bearing. Trans and engine MUST be parallel, trans jack should not hold trans in bind need to be able to pick up tailshaft to manuver into pilot bearing.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate
Did you replace clutch and pressure plate also?

Docfixit
Yes, I put the whole new clutch kit in new. Used an alignment tool for the clutch. I will try again. Thanks for the reply.

Rguy46
I will probably be back with you to find out how to bleed the cylinder the RIGHT way.

Rguy46
O.K. Good luck takes alot of wiggling if have an assistent one on tailshaft other on bell housing should slide in and mate

Docfixit