BRAKES KEEP GOING

2000 Ford Ranger

Brakes problem
2000 Ford Ranger Engine Size unknown Four Wheel Drive Automatic 83787 miles

AT 72,868 MILES We got four brand new DUNLOP ROVER TIRES. AT 79,381 DESCRIPTION OF WORK WAS, check breaking
Scan Computer for codes
code c1230 (set false)
reset computer, found bad
r. Front wheel huby sensor
remove replace (above)
rotate tires
and lots of unrelated repairs
Then at 83, 787 miles it went back in and DESCRIPTION OF WORK was,
check brake pedal
low to floor
found bad master cylinder
remove and replace master cylinder
bleed system
2 cans break fluid
oil change
Was told that the master cylinder had gone because two people drive the truck.
Now at 84,217 miles I tried to stop going down a side street at no more then 20mph and the breaks locked up and I went into the street 5 feet past the stop. We live andwork in a small town withmostly short one way streets that we hardly go above 35. I can't beleive that this is because we both drive it.
Babygirl78

First of all, they were incorrect in telling you that it went bad because two people drive it. I know a lot of people that have two people driving one vehicle. It didn't go bad because two people drive it, it went bad because nothing can be perfect. It's the downfall of mass production. But in reguards to your brakes locking up, are they locking up as in skidding the tires sown the road, or " locking up" as in the ABS system is activating? If the tires quit turning, then they may have the rear brakes adjusted too tight, but if the ABS system is activating, you may have debri on one of the sensors. Either way it is a safety concern and should be addressed soon.

Flexy5