WONT START

1999 Ford Ranger

1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic < 80000 miles

Yesterday morning I jump in, head to work. Everything is running fine. At lunch I go out to drive around and it won’t start. It turns over so battery must be good. All the electrical in the cab works fine. I can hear the fuel pump “whir” as I turn the key to the on position. It turns over but wont fire. So I leave it over night. This morning I get to work, first thing I jump it and it fires right up. No issues or complaints, just turns on like there was never an problem. I even drive it around for about a mile, come back to work and park it. So then, I go out at lunch today and again, it won’t start. What is going on with my truck? One buddy suggested " Vapor Locking" but I dont think that is the case as my truck has fuel injection, and from what I understand it has to be pretty hot outside for that to occur. This morning was cool out, lunch time was warm and overcast but not hot.
Jweazzill24

Next time it refuses to start do below don't wait for nothing

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.