DRIVESHAFT/TRANSMISSION

1999 Ford Ranger

1999 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 47500 miles

I heard a rattling noise from right underneath the stick shift. I climbed underneath the truck and saw a bushing or ring of some sort that is covering the joint between the transmission and driveshaft had come loose and was freely moving around. It seems as though it was glued or someother type of holding material was keeping it in that place but has worn off. Is there something I can get to reattach it? Or do I have to get a new one?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/583051_truck2_1.jpg

Ad12audio

Have you noticed any drivability problems other than the rattling? I believe it is a vibration dampaner, if you haven't noticed any vibrations or any vehicle shake then all you have to do is remove the drive shaft any take the ring off and replace drive shaft. If after doing so you start to feel a shake or vibration then you will need to replace the Front Yoke.

.

Obxautomedic