99 XLT BELT NOISE

1999 Ford Ranger

Noises problem
1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 91000 miles

Interesting issue with my 99 Ranger XLT 2wd 3.0L v6. Recently there has been some noise sounding like belt squeal. However it is intermittent. I already replaced the belt and it still happens. It squeaks when I first start the car and while driving but it is not a long constant squeal. It is a squeak that gets faster when I rev the engine and slows down when I let off the gas. I replaced the belt but I was thinking maybe it is the belt tensioner or idler pulley? Is the idler pulley seperate from the belt tensioner? If they are seperate things I was going to replace both. Any ideas?
Makikun

The chirp could be the serpentine belt, and or one of the pulleys, the bearings on the tensioner and idler pulleys should be checked when the belt is off. Also spin the A/C pulley to check the bearings.

To install, first locate your tensioner pulley, this is a spring loaded pulley that applies downward pressure on the back side of the serp belt, on this pulley you will have either a square drive hole that a socket wrench can plug into, or a regular hex bolt, using the correct size wrench, apply opposite force to relieve tension on the old belt and remove the belt. Install the new belt on all pulleys except the top most one, or easiest one to get at, then while holding the belt in the possition ready to go on the last pulley, apply the wrench to the tensioner pulley and slip belt onto the pulley! Done!

Merlin2021