4X4

1998 Ford Ranger

Hi I have 98 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab 4X4, the 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low dash lights flash 6 times and stop. The transfer case isn't engaging ( no noise from the motor) I am wondering if its the computer or the motor
Goodyj

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my Ranger. It just happen and it also snowed 1.5 ft today so if I don't find help here soon I'll have to take it to a mechanic. If that happens I'll let you know what they did.

Good luck.

TK13
[quote=" goodyj" ]Hi I have 98 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab 4X4, the 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low dash lights flash 6 times and stop. The transfer case isn't engaging ( no noise from the motor) I am wondering if its the computer or the motor. On 1-7-06 I replaced the shift motor and still the same problem, so I think I'll go after the module behind passenger side kickpanel. P.S. None of the same questions that I was refered to were answered ( no HELP )

Goodyj