ENGINE PROBLEMS

1998 Ford Ranger

1998 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 248000 miles

Hello I have a 98 ranger with a 2.5L 4 cylinder. It jerks when I go past 30 kinda stops once I get it past 70. It Idles rough and below 500 rpm for a few minute after I come to a stop or I push in the clutch. I have changed the plugs, wires, and O2 sensor. I have checked the vacuum system and haven’t found any leaks. My engine light came on and the code was P0171. I have found it runs a little bit better at night when it is cooler. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ranger1998

P0171 a lean fuel condition can be caused by: * Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (Use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)

* Dirty fuel injectors. (Try cleaning the injectors)

* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Use a vacuum gauge to check for low intake vacuum)

* Leaky EGR valve. (Check operation of EGR valve)

* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)

* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires

Where is the pcv at. It is not on the valve cover

Ranger1998