REPLACING THE SHIFTER BUSHINGS.

1994 Ford Ranger

1994 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 204343 miles

Ok so I have the 4.0 v6. The questions above did not specify. Anyway. Ive already picked up the new bushing and washer parts from my local ford dealership and put them together. Im trying to place the new lower bushing down into the seat on the top of the tranny. The two horizontal pins that the bushing fits around are just in the way. I dont think they are removable, but I see no other way to get the lower bushing down into the bottom of the bushing cup. Please help me. Im pulling my hair trying to figure this out. Hahaha.

sorry no picture
The jefferson

You have to cut the bushing in half with a sharp knife. No need to cut all the way thruogh. Just score it and you should be able to bend it back and forth until it breaks. Then install the two pieces in place mating the cut surfaces and SHIZZAM! Yor lower bushing is in place.

Davidgazinger