FUEL PUMP DOESN'T KICK ON

1992 Ford Ranger

1992 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

I was wondering what is going on with my truck. I have a 1992 Ford Ranger 2.3L and it will not turn the fuel pump on with the ignition. I have replaced the fuel filter and it did not do the trick. What could be wrong.
Rgant2

The relay under the hood in the power distribution center, turns the pump on for only 2-3 seconds with key on, so, take the fuel cap off, have someone turn the key to on, and see if you hear it run briefly...if not, check in car fuse and that relay, if they are OK fuel pump may need replacing. Sure way to read pressure is with test gauge! You will find a schreadervalve on the fuel rail, hook up gauge there turn key on, see if there is pressure...

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Test_Lead_2.jpg

Ground the fuel pump test pin and turn key on, does pump run? If yes relay or fuse NG! If no and there is power at pump connector, the pump is NG!

Merlin2021