WHY DOES MY CAR DO THIS?

Ford Probe

This morning I was on my way to take my son to school so I went out to start my car this morning and I tried 7-10 times to turn it over. The lights and the chime of the key in ignition was there… but the car would not turn over so I came back in the house and tried again in 20 minutes and the car started up. : Shock:

Can u please help me out?

Why my car would not start after all the tries and then after waiting 20 minutes the car starts up?

I have a 1989 Ford Probe Turbo GT

I do not know the Engine Size. I have a 5 speed
and the mileage on the car=1426140
Canuhlp

For a start go out and grab the positve cable at the battery and give it a godd wiggle to se if it moves at all, the n do the negative. IS there any play or any corrosion?

I did the cables they were fine but then I took off the covers off the battery and all were down which I filled all.
I had to have my Brakes done yesterday=175.00…………………And then I had ask for an estimate of the Fuel Pump and he gave me an estimate of 130.00=labor if I took the part in which is 135.00

Does that sound correct? Again thank you for the suggestion of under the hood because I would not have checked the water in battery.

Let’s hope that helps

Happy Mothers day to all

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
.

Canuhlp
Prices don't sound bad, Why replace the pump?