TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

Ford Probe

1993 ford probe, 206,000, 2.0 4cyl. Auto. Transmission. Hi, car seems to have a mind of its own. One day trans. Shifts fine the next it won't move. This was my daughters first car which was then passed on to my sister in law. Brother in law said it would run fine until it got hot then stop pulling. After cooling down it would shift fine again, etc. I know I had reverse trouble until the distributor went out and was replaced then reverse never failed again. The distributor went out again and not long after the trans. Trouble started. Any relation? Could the problem be sensors, dist, or just time to find a new trans? And what are the differences between a 1993 and 1994 transmission. I've been told 1993 is a stand alone year. Thanks, stan
Engineerstan

Sounds like a problem I once had. I cant remember the name of the part but it was some kind of switch.

Blackop555