=PROBLEMS

Ford Probe

Okay.I need help. My boyfriend knows nothing about cars. I even have to change his filters, oil. Basic maintenance for him. So when his Ford Probe started acting up he called me. The problem description:

All electricals work before cranking the car: lights, radio, etc, but when you try to turn it over you hear a click and nothing happens. It won't turn over and all the power is drained.

I tried: Testing the battery, changing the battery, charging it, checked ground and + cables, had the solinoid and starter benck tested/tested. There is nothing wrong with any of these. The starter starts like new, the cables ARE new, and the battery is perfect. What am I missing?
Alli

He also says that the night before when he drove it. He noticed that the pressure indicator showed that pressure was low. And while driving he said 'the car would start cutting out'. This only happened occasionally though. I am clueless when it comes to these areas though. I hope that that helps anyone out in solving this mystery.

Alli
He also says that the night before when he drove it. He noticed that the pressure indicator showed that pressure was low. And while driving he said 'the car would start cutting out'. This only happened occasionally though. Plus, when he last took it for an emissions test. It barely failed. (He couldn't remember why so I'm sorry that info is limited) I am clueless when it comes to these areas. I hope that that helps anyone out in solving this mystery.

Alli
Did you ever find the reason for this? My PGT started to do this to me a couple of weeks ago. I have done all of the things that you have mentioned and still no positive results. Fortuneately I have a motorcycle to get me around still. Drop me a line if you have an answer.

Ghandi1616