96

1996 Ford Probe

Hi I have a 96 ford probe 96578 miles on it I it wouldnt start I gave it a tune up new plugs wire etc now take it out for a few hours after that I saw it was starting to over heat so I went back home shut it off and went back out to start it back up and it wont start its gettin fuel cuz you can sell can you help me out plz I dont know what it could be im lost I plz help me
Madmike02

Was the engine overheated at all (was it over to the " H" )? And how long did you drive it while it was overheating? Also the engine size would be a big help in diag. Of the problem.

First thing I would check is if there is any coolant in the motor, then I would check the engine oil to make sure that there is no coolant in the oil.

First things first though. We need an engine size to help you. The 2.5L and 2.0L engine have very different systems to diag.

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

Cosmo
Hey I have 96 probe it is a 2.0 and yes it was over the (H) its was like 30 min or so of drivin time and I did check to see if their was no coloant but some in the engine the size agi is 4 2.0

Madmike02
Well I am going to guess that there is probably some enine damage from the overheating that occured. HAve your engine compression checked, and check for oil or exhaust gas in the coolant while running.

Before all of that though, make sure that there is no coolant in the cyl's

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

Cosmo
How can I check all that if the car will not start and I pulled the plug and check the only thing that I see is alil bit of gas in the clys. Maybe this will help when I was its was gettin hot I went home I went a big I was in 4th but as I came to the top it felt like I was in frstwhen I gave it more gas it wanted to die go down aother hill it started to bogg down and felt like I was running out of gas but I just filled it up will this help you out more plz get back to mt

Madmike02
Dude I think you need to take it to a shop and get your engine checked out. Your description of the problem is " poor" at best.

So far you have told us that it won't start: 1. You have over heated it
2. Loss of power
3. Bogging

Sounds like I would have the base engine compression tested before I would go any further into this.

However, you are also describing what might be either some MAF sensor problems or some distributor problems.

Cosmo. Mazda TEch

Cosmo