93 GT

1993 Ford Probe

Morning, I have a 93 Probe GT 100,000 miles that stalls between 5 & 10 minutes after starting. I have gotten the Fuel Pump, Crank Sensor, Coil Pack, expensive Spark Plug Wires and a new Distributor replace and it still stalls, but it cranks up after a minute or so and drives perfectly. When it gets ready to stall out, the RPM hand jumps and it sometimes back fires. Can you give me some helpful hnts, it's been on the diagnostic machine. Thanks Lloyd
Lloyd Smith

Have you found out what the problem was? I have a 94 probe that is doing the exact same thing and I already changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, and crank position sensor with no luck. When it runs it runs great but then it turns off and wont restart for at least 45 min. I am going to get another distributor and see if that fixes the problem sense it is under warranty.

Robnsab
Guys one of you says it will back fire does it backfire though the exhaust or though the intake (ex. Will be the tail pipe in. Will be under hood)

Importbasher89
Mine doesn't backfire it just dies.

Robnsab
I got a bad distributor from autozone so I returned it and got another one under warranty and now the car runs great. Problem solved. Check out your distributor one more time and also see what your craftshaft position sensor ohms out at. Have you checked out your ignition switch? When the car turns off check the distributor with a multimeter as well as the fuse link. Hope that helps

Robnsab