GT STARTING PROBLEM

1997 Ford Probe

First of all thanks for all of your hard work! On to my question. I have a 1997 Ford Probe GT (2.5 L V6) manual transmission. The car has about 120K miles. I've owned the car for about 3 years. I drove the car to work in January and when I came out at the end of the day to go home it started and then stalled. I haven't been able to start it since then. I should mention that the car has had some starting problems in the previous months, mostly on damp days. Normally, though, it would start after several cranks, run rough for a while, and then run fine again. The check engine codes would come back as Misfire Cylinder 1 or 3. Soon after I bought it I had some starting problems and replaced the Crankshaft position sensor, which seemed to take care of the issues. I've replaced the spark plugs, wires, rotor, rotor cap, and fuel filter. The resitance tests for the crankshaft position sensor and distributor are normal, and I have the proper voltage to the distributor. I have plenty of gas getting to the engine as well. The distributor is rotating, but I haven't been able to get a spark. The distributor was replaced by the previous owner about 9 months before I bought the car. The last major problem I had with the car was the timing belt, which I had replace about a year and a half ago. After it was replaced the car hasn't seemed to run the same. About 9 months ago I had the distributor adjusted and that seemed to straighten out most of the problems. Any help you might have or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It seems like I have tested or fixed about everything on this car, so let me know if you need more information. Thanks agian for your help!
Semoyer2001

Have crank and cam timing checked to make sure engine is aligned correctly.
Let us know what you find out!

Autopop