COOLANT PREASURE READING

Ford Other

Recently, I brought my 1996 Ford CV in to repair an erratic engine temperature condition. Engine ran smoothly before the repair. Now engine runs rough. Mechanic indicates #2 is low on compression.
( particulars: has 155K miles, engine replaced with a 1999 salage motor w/ 20K miles when odometer read 148K. We did lose the serpentine belt on the new motor and it did overheat)
Repair replaced intake manifold and coolant gaskets. Early on it seems to have corrected the problem. The #2 (I believe it to be entirely new) concerns me.
Before compression tests are done.I need to ask repair shop to preasure test cooling system (to see if headgasket is leaking internally). Oil seems fine but might be in combustion chamber. What should a properly sealed system read? Or better, what readings would indicate a head gasket problem?
Rnshoe