99 EXPLORER EB, 100K - ECLIMATE CONTROL CHANGES RANDOMLY

1999 Ford Other

1999 Ford Explorer, 2WD, Eddie Bauer, 110k, electronic climate control -- Problem: when running the A/C, the cold air comes out of different vents without actually changing the vent selector on the control unit. For instance, I select max A/C, and the air comes out of the panel vents, then randomly swtiches to the floor vents, then to the defrost vent, then back to panel vents. This occurs in a random pattern. The air may blow out of any given vent for minutes at a time. The only selector that does not change is when I put the control unit on panel & floor, however, the air does not blow out very hard, even when the fan is on all the way.

This may not sound like much of a problem, but in Texas in the summer, it sure can be.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
. John
Johnpcrank