MODELS UNDER WATER

1989 Ford Other

1989 Other Ford Models V8 Automatic 94,000 miles

my city had a flood and alot of the back streets got flooded and I happen to be on one of them and I came across some water it looked about a foot deep and there was no deep water warniings so I continued but when I got half way in it got really deep up to my door handle over my engine and all I got past it but alot of smoke was comein from my muffler I continued to drive for about six blocks and it would putt here and there and I couldent get over like 25 mph then the engine started smokin so I turned it off since then when I try to turn it over it usally just wines occasianly it will turn over and start but dies after ten or twenty seconds
Brenden111

Check all your fluids and fi they are above full change your fluids on everything. WAter doesn't do well on electronics. Check to see if your fuel pupmp is working. If you odn't have good spark go to wher eit says tune up on the site here and it will give y ou a step by step on how to check it.