MODELS ENGINE IDEL

1974 Ford Other

Engine problem
1974 Other Ford Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 145000 miles

hi I got a 1974 english ford capri it has the 3litre essex lump in it when I got the car the engine was modifed to stage 2 the heads have been gas flowed so has the inlet
manifold it has a mild road cam and has been bored out to 3.1 also it has been lightened and balanced and all the other work that was needed for stage 2 the problem I am having is this when you start it from cold it runs fine soon as it gets hot and you put a load on the engine such as turn on the lights turn the power stearing or the fans cut in the idel speed will drop from 800to 400 rpm and will then stall I have done all the checks I can think of even changed the 38 dgas carb the compression is 170lb
on all the cylinders I have no vacum or air leaks the ignition timing is set at 10 degres to allow for unleaded petrol all the timing advance is working fine no tappet noise I have checked all the valve timing, it has a new fuel pump as wel, l I have checked all the earth connections it has new plugs and leads and cap and it has an old Lucas ignition system I think it is the hall effect one, any ideas please
Treefidy