RAN ENGINE W/O 1 SPARK PLUG. NOW CAR WON'T START

Ford Mustang

I have a 1994 ford mustang 3.8 V6. It has a blown head gasket. I ran a compression test on all 6 cyclinders and found the single cylinder that was leaking coolant.

Before sending it the shop, I decided to try Bar's Leaks Head Gasket sealant first. I know it's a long shot, but I figured why not? In the instructions, it says to remove the spark plug for the leaking cylinder and run the engine for 5 minutes.

When I did this, the car started. But the engine started to sputter. After about 30 seconds it died. Then now when I try to start the engine (with or without the spark plug re-installed), it won't turn. The car won't start.

Did I do something bad? Should I not have run the engine with a missing spark plug? Is the cylinder flooded and is that why the car won't start? What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I'm a car novice, so please don't scold me too bad : ).

Pepper
Pepepr_95134

The engine will not crank over? May be full of gasoline, it's compressible to a point

TaurusWheel
So if full of gasoline, do I need to just wait until it drains? Or do I need to do something to get the gasoline out?

Pepepr_95134
Try pulling all your plugs and wait an hour or two then put them all back in(you might want to check if the firing order is correct) and try it again. Maybe a long shot but an hour with no plugs in will givegas if any time to evaporate out of the combustion chambers. You also might want to check the status of your plugs while they are out and also check the cap and rotor(or coil packs depending on the year of your car). Good luck man!

320hpPony?