HIGH RPM

Ford Mustang

I have a 91 mustang GT 5.0 with 175,000 miles. I cleaned up my throttle body on the inside. When I give the car more than 80% throttle the rpms will stay at 1000 in drive and 1300 in park. Then when I turn the car off and let it sit for a couple of hrs and then drive it the rpms will be fine as long as I dont exceed 80% throttle It has been like this for a couple of months I was just making sure I dont acclerate 2 much so the rpms wont be at 1000. The car idles ok 750 rpm but as soon as I give the car any gas it stays at 1000 rpm and wont go back down to 750. I have replaced the throttle bypass valve. Thank you for any help!
Bttf11985

Check the cable, can be frayed insde. And the TPS for binding. BTW what did you clean the throttle with? The Fords have a teflon coating, and any harsh solvents can destroy it!

Merlin2021
How would I go about checking both? When I unscrew the tps I see plastic shavings on the inside of the sensor and also where it screws to on the throttle body and when I turn the sensor it has tention and springs back into place. What I have also noticed is that when I put my foot on the pedel it is kinda stuck so I have to push a lil harder. This useually only happens when I start to first drive. The throttle I had my brother port and polish it is that Good/Bad?

Bttf11985
Do you mean port and polihed the intake manifold?
If the gas pedal sticks, it's a good indication U should replace the cabe, As for the TPS If it has plastic bits inside it probably NG! Do em both. Get a manual or read how to install the new TPS!

Merlin2021
Thanks for the help fixed the problem just took the sensor back out and installed how the book said I didnt turn it counter-clockwise

Bttf11985