V6

2001 Ford Mustang

I just purchased this vehicle. It has 64000 miles on it. It was in a flood at one time but there are only a few things that don't work. The ECM works fine. The check engine light is on, but the OBD II reads " No Codes". The wipers, power locks and horn do not work. We have checked all wiring to each item and there is power into and coming out of all switches but not getting to where it needs to be. Also, the clutch makes a whinning noise when engaged. I guess my question is. Should we replace the fuse block for the electrical problems? And does the clutch have a grease fiting that is easily accessible or may there be something else wrong with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Foreveryoursjen1

You don't Grease clutches, dry clutches are meant to stay dry. Wet clutches operate in gear oil. You didn't say if you know how long the car was submerged. The longer, the more damage, The clutch material may have become soaked, and will need to dry out or be replaced. There is a reason insurance companies pay total loss on submerged cars.

Merlin2021
It was not completely submerged and not in water very long. The title is clear and it was not a total loss. The water was only up to the bottom of the seats. What about the fuse block?

Foreveryoursjen1
If the fuse block was under water yes take it off the firewall and blow dry both sides, and all submerged connectors too.

Merlin2021
Thanks for your help but the water damage was 2 years ago and I just bought the vehicle. Sorry, should have specified that before. I am just at the end of my rope trying to figure out how to get these things to work. We changed all relays and fuses and know that there is power to the switches and power leaving them but not getting to where it needs to to make them work. That is why we think that maybe if we replace the fuse block that might work. And the whining on the clutch is making me crazy. Could it be the bearings or should I just replace the whole thing? One more thing. The ECM has a plug on the bottom of it but we can't find any extra plugs to plug into it. Do you know what it would be for?

Foreveryoursjen1