COBRA ALARM SYSTEM

1997 Ford Mustang

Ok. Well. It isnt my car and im not 100% sure of exactly what happens. But ehre it is.

First off, the car starts and works just fine but it SEEMS random as to when it happens, sometimes when I go to get in the remote will not work to unlock the doors at all, and if I unlock the driver side door, the alarm goes off and disables teh ignition. So I cant restart it. I found a temporary fix: take off the red battery wire under the hood, get in the car, turn on the key (like the battery) then go reconnect the red wire and then start the car. But the key will not turn off the alarm by trying to start, or unlocking the door and the cremote doesnt work when the problem happens. It is NOT the key(chip) because ive went and got 3 new keys, and ive also replaced the remote battery and the car battery. Any ideas anyone? Again this is a 1998 Ford Cobra Mustang

Thank you.
Bigswig

This is a shot in the dark you say you have had new key's made. But have you checked to see if you need to have your keyless remotes reprogramed? Or you possibly have a short in the drivers door where the wires come from the cab to the door there is a rubber boot where your doorlock wiring and power window wiring and all goes through. Dude not even sure I can put you on the right track with this one.(NOS)? Sometimes the get out of sync

NOS
Ah yah ive programed the remotes, ill redo it maybe I screwed up, ill also check for a short, thanks for the suggestions

Bigswig
No problem not realy sure if I helped or not but I will keep an eye out for more updates on this one.(NOS)

NOS
Ehh ignore that I tried 2 keys that werent the right keys. So far no more problems and I havent did anything. Im sure the problem will happen again, so still replacing batteries and checking for a short.

Bigswig