ALTERNATOR WIRIING

1973 Ford LTD

1973 Ford LTD V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I just replaced the alternator. My ALT light had been flickering, and then stayed on. With new Alt it still stays on!
Wondering about correct wiring of the ALT. There are 3 wires: one large to BATT, but there are two smaller ones: 1 is orange w/ blu stripe, other white with unk stripe color. Which wire is connected to the Stator pole and which one goes to FLD post?
Right now I have white to Stator and orange to FLD. Large to the BATT terminal. Is this correct. Can you possibily provide a diagram showing the 3 wires and which terminal they connect too!
I made a diagram off the old ALT but that didn't seem to work when I wired the new ALT !
I also am suspecting that the voltage regulator may be a culprit!
Bubb12

Looking at my diagram that I have herethe white with black stripe goes to the stator and orange with blue goes to the diode bridge, which would be field. There is also a black wire goingto the case and it doesn't matter if it is one of 4 alternators- they are wired the same. The regulator has 4 wires starting with a large red on one end with 2yellow type wires one going to a FUSIBLE link at the starter relay and the other going to a noise suppressor condensor. Then comes the w/black stripe wire and finally the orange/blue stripe wire. Make sure to check and see if the fusible link is good. That is bllack with an orange stripe. Wire.